If you are a Superstar user, congrats, we like spoiling our SuperStar patrons and have you covered. As a part of the Superstar family, you have the privilege to cancel even confirmed tickets, whether any offers were used and regardless of the cinemas' cancellation policy.
Available for movie transactions only, superstar cancellation has to be initiated up to 120 minutes prior to the showtime. Beyond this cut-off time, you can opt for cinema cancellation, if available for the chosen cinema.
Nifty, isn't it? Here is how you do it:
- Login to the BookMyShow application/website with the Email ID used to transact.
- Cancellation is currently unavailable on OTP logins.
- Go to 'Profile' and select - 'Purchase History'.
- Under 'Purchase History' view all tickets.
- Select the transaction you wish to undo and tap 'Cancel'.
- View the refundable amount & choose between 'Refund to BMS Cash' and 'Refund to Original Payment Mode'.
- Refund to 'BMS Cash' reflects almost instantly & may take up to four hours to reflect.
- 'Refund to Original Payment Mode' may take four to five working days, depending on the bank used to transact. The cancellation will also be confirmed via SMS/Email.
₹1/- is equal to 1 BMS Credit, which can be used for future transactions on BookMyShow and is valid for the next two years.
If neither cinema cancellation, nor Superstar cancellation is available, we're afraid you've missed out on utilizing the cancellation feature.
1. The cancellation fee mentioned herein is charged by the respective cinemas. BookMyShow retains only the IHF charged for user-initiated cancellations.
2. If any offers, offer code, payback or any other loyalty points have been applied a transaction, only Superstars are allowed cancellation the ticket while the offer amount is retained.