We do have quite a few cinemas who now have a cancellation feature available. If you have booked tickets for a cinema that has the cancellation feature, you shall be able to see it in your booking under ‘Purchase History’ click on 'Ticket' in your mobile app.
If you do not see an option to cancel your tickets then chances are that the cinema you have booked for does not have the cancellation feature.
Whilst booking the tickets just tap the cinema name if you see 'Ticket Cancellation' under available facilities you are the lucky one. Also, you may want to check the SMS or email confirmation if it does mention cancellation is available since we've enrolled a set of cinemas who allow you to cancel the tickets 20 minutes to 4 hours prior to show time (Differs from cinema to cinemas).
In order to avail the cancellation feature, the user needs to be logged in while transacting. All you need to do is click on the booking you wish to cancel under the 'Purchase History' section and hit the cancel tab.
When you click on the cancel tab you get an option to select between a refund to source or BMS Cash.
No longer, will you lose the entire amount and you will get a 70% of the ticket amount refunded within 5 to 7 working days and in case opted for BMS Cash it will reflect within 4 hours in your profile.
Please note: You would be unable to cancel a ticket if you have applied an offer code, payback or any other loyalty points.
Please follow below steps to cancel you tickets
- Login into your BookMyShow App/Website. And click on "Profile" on the bottom right hand side.
- Click on Purchase history and select the movie you wish to cancel.
- Click on the booking you wish to cancel and click on cancel booking available at the bottom of the screen.
- You will have two option to select "Refund to BMS Cash" or "Refund to Original Source"
* Refund to BMS cash will be credited with 4 hours and in case of original Payment source funds will reflect within 5-7 working days.
- Once you confirm the cancellation, the screen will auto populate the amount that will be refunded to you.
- That's It! you will see a cancelled stamp on the booking, confirming a cancellation against the transaction.