We do have quite a few cinemas who now provide cancellation of confirmed tickets. If you have tickets for a cinema that has the cancellation provision, it will reflect under ‘Purchase History’ on the app/website.
If you do not see an option to cancel your tickets, make sure you're logged in via the same email ID used to book the tickets. If the cancellation option still does not appear, chances are that the cinema you've booked for does not provide the cancellation of confirmed tickets.
Whilst booking the tickets, just tap on the cinema name, if you see 'Ticket Cancellation' under available facilities, you are the lucky one. Also, you may check the SMS or Email confirmation. It mentions if cancellation is available and the cancellation cut-off time, if available. Cinemas allow cancellation of tickets between 20 minutes to 4 hours prior to show time. (Differing from cinema to cinema).
In order to avail the cancellation feature, the user needs to be logged in via the same email ID used to book the tickets. All you need to do is select the booking you wish to cancel under the 'Purchase History' section and hit the cancel tab.
When you select the 'Cancel' tab, you'll see an option to select between a refund to the 'Source of funds' and 'BMS Cash'. Refunds to source reflect within five to seven working days whereas BMS Cash reflects within four hours in your profile.
No longer, will you lose the entire amount but instead remain eligible for 70% of the ticket amount to be refunded.
Please note: You would be unable to cancel a ticket if you have applied an offer code, payback or any other loyalty points, unless you're a Superstar user.
Please follow below steps to cancel your tickets:
- Login into the BookMyShow app/website. Click on 'Profile' on the bottom right of the app and upper right of the website.
- Select 'Purchase History' and choose the movie you wish to cancel.
- Select the booking you wish to cancel and tap on 'Cancel Booking' available on the bottom-right of the screen.
- You will have two options to select - 'Refund to BMS Cash' or 'Refund to Original Source'
- Refund to BMS cash will be credited within 4 hours and in case of original payment source, funds will reflect within 5-7 working days.
- Once you confirm the cancellation, the screen will auto-populate the eligible refund amount.
- That's It! You will see a 'Cancelled' stamp on the booking, confirming a cancellation against the transaction.